MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Monday, March 5, 2007

The Sky Is Falling In HABS Land

Ladies and gentlemen, Mesdames et Monsieurs, dudes and dudettes, we are still mathematically in it. Things may not look good with our dismal record in recent months, but there is hope...there is always hope.

Most of the teams we're in the race with are as shaky as us. It would take one momentum sift, one winning streak, one big push by our beloved team to turn things around.

Even if we're out of the picture, even if the odds are against us what is there to gain from sobbing and pessimism? Leave the "why me" syndrome to the hormonal youngsters in here who are in dire need of growth, maturity and life lessons. Crying and whining about things outside of you circle of influence (control) is a waste of energy. Sure you accomplish your objectives of attracting attention, but this is the wrong kind of attention.

So I say to all of you out there, chin up, stay level headed and cheer for your team with support and enthusiasm. Even if we loose and even if we miss the playoffs I guarantee you it is better and healthier than the alternative.

Just remember. Things could always be worse. Our home team could have been the Leafs :shock:


PS I have updated two things with the numbers. Frist off the obvious MN-NO-GO numbers. I put up the six most likely for us to surpass. I picked the names from all suggestions (only two people made an effort there), and added one of my own for Carolina. The second thing I changed was the formula for the MN Playoffs. Now we are chasing 8th place and no longer defending a position in the top eight, so the formula has been updated appropriately. Good news is that the MN hasn’t changed ;)

I would like to include the NO-GO numbers in my sig with the other scoreboard, but I don’t know if having two sigs would be a violation of rules. Even though I know there is demand for it, I would not want to get a ban for something so trivial. Winnipeg I would like to hear your POV on this. Could I have your permission as a moderator of the forum to post a second scoreboard for the next six weeks?

No comments: