MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Thursday, March 20, 2008

IS THE HYBERNATION OVER

I sure hope the Bruins don’t pick this weekend to break the curse/trend/record/whatever you wan to call it. To say we’ve owned them this year would be an understatement. We had two of our best games and highest goal differentials against them this year, short of a few minutes here and there the Bruins never seemed to be anywhere at our calibre when both teams were on the ice. However to assume trend will continue indefinitely would be a fallacy.

All I can hope for from where I’m sitting is that we can finish the year against them with a clean winning record. Ottawa is playing a very beatable St-Louis team, so we have to do our part and win tonight to keep pace with them. In the meanwhile I’m sure I won’t be the only one praying to everything from the holy Sponge Bob to my kitchen wash cloth that the St Louis Blues come out with the same high beat, hard checking and hard hitting game plan against the Sens as on Tuesday, and keep the Sens at 87 points.

Et voila! Off I go to try and frantically close off some files and complete mandates before the long weekend.

No comments: