MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

IT’S MY FAULT IT’S SNOWING, BUT IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHEMISTRY

My apologies MN-Nation…I am the one responsible for the snow. I had my winter tires installed on the car yesterday, winterized my car (which is a fancy way of saying I threw my brush and scraper on the back seat), set-up my Tempo, and BOOM! Snow. I feel aright about it knowing that I am ready for the winter, but I am sure I have burdened many of you who are yet to tackle the winterizing issues around the house and the car.

To make up for the white stuff, I struck a deal with the All Might Sponge Bob. He told me the HABS were poised to loose the game against the Canes, because they were unable to give as a team, and this will lead to failures in the transition game, defensive end as well as turn-over’s in all three zones of the arena. The big yellow porous guy owes me one so he said he’d hook us up with another “phew…at least we got the two points” win, like a few other we already got in this early season.

I’m not worried about the team performing, but I am beginning to wonder when the team will get going. It’s a chemistry thing IMHO, and once the chemistry is there, the passes will be crisp, which will help the transition game and allow our defence-men to NOT look like a bunch of McCabe’s on the ice. The chemistry will also help our special teams, especially on the scoring end. The chemistry is what this team is missing, and perhaps it has to do with all the attention around the centennial celebrations. It can, and most probably is, a major distraction to the locker room. Furthermore, the media pinned them as the Eastern Champions before the puck even dropped, so I can imagine it would be fairly difficult to remain in “the here and now” and remain focused on the game.

We couldn’t have asked for better role models for the locker room than Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, Kirk Muller and Doug Jarvis in helping them stay focused on the game instead of the media and marketing circus happening around them for our entertainment. Such is the plight of a professional athlete competing in a town where the team surpassed all major religions in the hierarchy rector scale, but it is an issue that must be tackled none the less.

In the meanwhile I’m happy we’re on the receiving end of the two points, because we just as easily could have been 3-4-1. Hopefully a nice road trip will help the boys come together, away from all the distractions that Montreal throws their way.

No comments: