MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Saturday, November 8, 2008

AN OK FAILIURE

To the intense competitor, the above statement may seem paradoxical; however a team that plays 82 games in a season is bound to make blunders, and I’m willing to accept gaffes as long as they are less ghastly than the previous error.

In our case, following our last long break we came out playing at the intensity level of the girls scout district 36 pink (a.k.a. the unicorns) hockey team. We dropped our first loss in regulation to Anaheim and hung our heads in shame.

Last night we were faced with a similar challenge to that game and I thought we played a lot better in that we were sharper….still as dull as a pair of fisher price set of play-dough scissors, but sharper. We played better than the Anaheim game and we got 1 more point than we did in our previous “long break” test. So I’ll grudgingly take it and stick it in the bank (my investment statement is above showing a sweet 135…about as many dollars left in my investment portfolio. But jokes on the MN, my portfolio value is dropping faster than it is so I’ll definitely win the race to 0 first.)

No comments: