MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Sunday, November 2, 2008

THINGS THAT MAKE YOU HMMMMM…

Today is a good kind of day. Today is the day the bandwagonners are filtered from the die-hard hard core, give my first born for season tickets kind of fans. The often pretentious HFWB, short for habs fan wanna be, will be whining about how they missed an awesome come back after they changed the channel during the second intermission. Today, as the HFWBs slowly emerge from their caverns full of lies, I will be able to look them in the eye and give them a piece of my mind, guilt free.

The HFWB are one thing, but last night there was a bigger target in my eyes. Joel Bouchard made a new enemy in me last night, which mean…well absolutely nothing. I’m too lazy to even make a prank call, but he’ll still be hung out to dry in this article.

During the second intermission, he actually said, and I quote “J’espere que les Canadiens perd cette rencontre”. Translation…he’s a douche. Now I’ll admit, the context in which he said was that it would serve a valuable learning experience for the team, so this kind of lazy underestimating the opponent none-sense does not repeat its self past January. However, there are two big taboos in my eyes in the hockey world:

1) NEVER wish for a HABS loss
2) NEVER wish for a Leafs win

It was apparent that the lesson was learned after two periods of epsilonic hockey, and the team demonstrated that with their play in the third. Sure the goals started coming in the last 15 minutes, but the style changed from the face-off to begin the period. The Islanders got a dose of reality and were kept to a hand full of shots, most of which came in the last 30 seconds in a desperate attempt to un-do a colossal failure on their part.

So Joel gets one strike in my book, but once again I’m too lazy to keep track of these things, so he’ll be OK by days end. He has an extremely knowledgeable hockey mind, and he makes up for his poor TV presence with quality thoughts and constructive analysis of the teams. BUT, if he doesn’t want to go the way of Don I used motel drapes for a suit Cherry, he has to never, ever, EVER wish for a HABS loss EVER again.

No comments: