MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Oh Jerry...

Quote from yesterday’s MN update:

At this point anything I say is speculation and only time will tell which team will com out of the gates to begin this home run stretch to the final 8. I sure hope ours is the team that races for 4th…not 8th.”

Well now we know…and unfortunately it was nt a favourable answer.

There isn’t much to be said really, since we have been discussing the same things for months now. At this point I would ask the MN historian to post the story about Jerry, since that seems to summarise well enough what the problem is.

Now all I can tell you is facts and probabilities. For one reason or another we have a serious problem with motivation; this is no secret. I urge all of you to take your heart medicines, because this will make for a tough stretch. Is all hope lost? Not even close. This bad stretch could be a few games or three months. All we do know is that momentum shifts on a dime in the new NHL and this team has the proven contents for a wining formula.

The same problems have been persisting with the team for a while and one wonders when they will be fixed. It is fairly easy to loose faith in the players/management and begin pointing fingers when the same problem has cursed us since about November, and is yet to be dealt with on a long term basis.

Once again I cannot tell you where we are headed, but I can tell you what I know. Neither the coaching staff, nor the GM is a fool. They know what they are doing, and are considered amongst the elite of the league (imagine if we were stuck with Fergussen :shock:). What ever issues we’ve been having have not been ignored, and it is ridiculous to assume that the staff has been unaware of it, or have not been trying to fix it.

I know they see the problem, and I know they have been trying to fix it. It is not fixed yet, but it will be. When one thing doesn’t work you go to the next one, and eventually something will click like an Ace of hearts completing a Royal Flush. We’re luck (unlike many of our competition) that we are working on this from a good spot (4th place) and not playing catch-up hockey from 10-12th place. This gives us more flexibility and time to fix things properly for the playoffs.

All I can do in the meanwhile is have faith in my team that I have given my loyalty to, cheer them on till my lungs ache of fire, and hope they can figure things in time for this year’s playoffs.

No comments: