MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Monday, October 29, 2007

UNDERDOGS WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT

We begun the pre-season with experts ranking the HABS at around 10th in the East with most of them confident the HABS were a weaker team and would miss the playoffs completely. Some of us, including yours truly, could not comprehend how anyone could consider this team weaker on paper or on the ice, compared to last year, given the importance of maturing juniors, and our improved blue line, as well as our more experienced and enlightened coaching staff.

Currently we have been bumped up to 9th in the East on the Power Rankings, just ahead of Boston. Eight of the ten games we have played so far this season have been against teams ranked higher than us (and Boston) in the experts’ opinions and we have accumulated 12 out of a possible 16 points in these match-ups.

This means two things:

1) It’s good to know I’m not as crazy and delusioned as I was beginning to think given the discrepancy of opinions of the team between my self and my MNers, versus the experts and a pocket of consistently pessimistic fans.

2) If I was looking for “expert” hockey advice, at this point I would be more likely to speak to the Crazy Cat Suit Man.

For those of you who are new to the thread, or don’t remember my psychic friend, I’m sure Kindred would be kind enough to re-post my antics with Crazy Cat-Suit man from last year. He seems to have re-appeared with the cold snap running through the town, so we can look forward to more ludicrous, but accurate predictions by the louder and stinkyer version of my good friend.

No comments: