MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Friday, November 30, 2007

IT WAS A GREAT TRIP, BUT ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END:

When I get up in the morning, my first brainwave is always to stumble down the stairs, avoid the myriad of booby traps in the form of squeaky, slippy and noisy toys, make it past the biohazard zone of the gas fields generated by Zorro the beagle, and get to the coffee. That first sip is like rebirth, and soon after the cogs begin to churn. Usually not too long after, my second brain wave has been to get on to the MN thread and post my updates. For three years I have spend a significant portion of my morning routine, ranting about the shortcomings, and emphasizing the positives, and once in a while going off on an imaginary tangent, which has led to the introduction of the like of Jerry, Cat suit man, and others.

The time has come however for this coffee and number junky to move on to other things. I will need to focus on my family and professional career for the next year or so, and so will not have the time to commit to this thread. I will remain as a leisurely user, and rest assured I will continue to write my pieces (for whatever they are worth), but they will be on a once per week basis.

So this is to say that I step down as Number 1, and leave my place for the new generations to take over. Perhaps in a year I’ll pick up where I left off, but for the remainder of this season I will enjoy using the thread, instead of running it.

So as such, I have been asked by the new group of guys who will be taking over for me to update the masses about a few modifications to help with this transition period. The MN-New Generation (as they dubbed them selves) consists of NWT (who is already familiar with the inner workings of the thread), mateus, who will be taking over the posts, and chocolate (who will be taking over the numbers and tables. I will pass on my sig to these three members to sport proudly, and together they will keep the posts going.

I am sure they will all have something to add and ask of you to help them through the turbulent transition period, and I will let them post their new “temporary regulations” during the course of the day.

In the meanwhile I’ll enjoy my time in the proverbial white sand beaches of the brain, and as of this post I am proud to be an MN user, and not an Exec.

I would like to thank everybody in the team, who has made this experience truly joyous, and has given this obsessed and at times overly optimistic HABS fan a heaven to go to in dark times.

One last thing I can ask is that I hope the HABS give me a nice “parting” gift with a win against Brodeur and the gang tonight.

Thanks again all...you guys are the reason why this thread is what it is today.

HLD

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey HLD... will the BLOG continue?

HLD said...

I will add articles...however they won't be on a regular basis. The blog is still a nice place to have all the summaries, so yes, it will continue.