MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Monday, January 28, 2008

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

Here we are once more, reunited like Sunny and Share. I don’t know about you guys, but I missed you all a bunch. I was thinking of the forum every day like a teenage boy dreams about models, and now that I’m here I’m as happy as a Leprecon in a brewery.

With less than three months remaining in the season, and our HABS pushing up the standings you may be wondering if I’ll be dedicating my time with informative and analytical posts, discussing the myriad of pros and cons that come with our local professional hockey club, and the affixed media frenzy, whilst leaving the magical dancing animals out of the discussion. I am determined and focused to keep the voices out of my head, and keep the discussion focused to the issues at hand.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with the toaster about the sub-prime loans the major financial institutions have declared losses against, its effects on the stock market, and the ramifications on the North American market’s future. Out of nowhere the can of Campbells cream of mushroom soup interrupted (as he always does) and reminded me about the home and away games we have with the Washington Capitals, and how they have been surging up the standings recently (currently in third on NL standings). Zorro the beagle further reminded me about how Ovechkin had two goals in last night’s All-Star game, and how he seemed more motivated than ever since he signed his new contract.

The discussion lead me to realise that the Capitals are going to be more than formidable opponents, and that this series will be tight and difficult. I sure hope that the coaching staff does what’s necessary to carry over the momentum and confidence from the last two games to this week, and get this winning streak to continue.

PS Over the weekend the Salt shaker and Pepper mill got married. It was a beautiful ceremony. We all hope to see little sugar cubes soon.

No comments: