MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Monday, February 5, 2007

The Beginning Of The Demise For Syd The Kid

Yesterday's win had the full spectrum of excitement. It was a win, in a high emotion game, during a mini-rivalry, and being shafted by the refs. All these combine to make a brand of hockey I can get used to, but my heart has no capabilities for.

Syd the diver was back at his cinematics again, and if he doesn't get warnings from the NHL he'll continue tp dive and tarnish an ecstatic career which awaits him. Unfortunately he is not playing for a coach who cares for or mentors his players, but rather gets them caught up in his high emotions which crosses the line every other game. The future of our sport will be influenced by Crosby's style. Unless Therien gets the boot or Crosby leaves Pittsburg, unfortunately he's headed in a bad direction and Crosby's 19 year old over stimulated ego and "maturity" will not work it out for him self.

Man am I glad to be a HABS fan and have an honourable GM who hires honourable coaches, who in turn coaches a honourable bunch of kids. I know how it feels like to watch one of our guys take a big dive (oh Ribeiro) and it's very embarrassing. The result of the game almost has no meaning over the feeling of filth. Thank goodness we have not had something of the sort in a long long time.

All I can say to our boys is keep fighting the good fight. Don't give in to cheap antics. I would rather loose a game by getting shafted by the officials, than to draw unmerited penalties for a win. Than again that is just my opinion and I'm sure a significant portion of fans would prefer the latter. At least my conscious is clean, and so is the one in our locker room. "To you we

No comments: