MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Looking For A Dryden Miracle

In the hopes of a miracle and a world of what ifs, it seems appropriate that we retired Ken Dryden’s Jersey this year. With Halak being called up late in the season, maybe he can jump in net and have a repeat performance of the Dryden “get called up from the farm team late in the season and bring us to the cup” show.

I read an article on the RDS web-site about how Halak should be played, starting tonight, and I fully agree. He’s got major mojo going for him, which this team is in desperate need of. I say throw him in there and see what he can do. If he cannot jolt this team in the right direction, than no biggie….we’re right back where we started. But maybe, just maybe he can do what Huet did last year for us, what Ward did for the Canes, and what Dryden did whole making history, and be the surprise late comer and just drag this team up the standings by its heels.

On a final note, it is no secret that the mood is bleek in here…yes even in the MN thread. OK it’s not so bad in here compared to the rest of the forum (have you guys been out there :shock: people are getting crazy…I even saw someone suggest trading Koivu for Tucker :ahh:)

In any case I always try to cheer you guys up so today I’ll go with a different strategy. OK….you ready….

UUUGULY BOOGOLIIEEE…..WOBBLE WOBBLE BLAAAAAH….

Did it work? Are you smiling yet? It’s 100% effective with my son so I though I would give it a shot in here. :mrgreen:

No comments: