MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Friday, February 9, 2007

It Just Keeps Getting Tougher!

There is really not much I can say about last night’s game. The effort was there for he majority of the part. A weak goal was let in and we lost a few, but in all we stayed in it. The reffing was the best I have seen in a while.

I really don’t know how to make light of the situation. This slump (yes unfortunately we’re still in it and it looks like we’ll have the cob webs till the end) has gone on for too long, and I have ran out of euphemisms. All I can do is cheer on and hope something good happens (like Sammy come back and score 10 goals in one night). Anything to get the confidence back to the team. We all know how this team plays when they’re confident (oh how I miss those days!)

If I take a step back and think about the most probable way things will turn back around for us, it will all begin with the goalie…much like it did last year. Someone Huet or Aebi will have to go on a hot streak that would make Dominic Hashek him self look bad. From there the confidence will build out to the blue line and finally offence and things can get back to normal.

Not much I can say folks. There isn’t much else to say that hasn’t been beaten to death already. At this point the choice is really up to you. You can join the masses in assigning guilt to who ever you want, or you can just let things evolve, hope for the best, and cheer for the team you are a “fan” of.

No comments: