MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

ONE DAY DOWN AND WE’RE STILL ALIVE

Every utopia story I have ever read about has ended in tragedy. As we attempt to create a piece of heaven on Web in this new-sub forum, we’re yet to implode on our selves after 24 hours. This can only be a good sign.

I’m personally beginning to get used to this. In the old system, although I was able to access everything by scrolling down a single thread, I would often forget to respond to post lost in the volume, have to wait 5 minutes between responses to avoid merging posts, and getting lost in the back and forth traffic of reports to try and locate chocolate’s numbers, to be able to compare it to the scouting reports and make predictions.

I get this mental image of the ugly apes from a Space Odyssey 2001, discovering the giant rock and immediately taking a huge step in evolution. We’re just as ugly as the apes, some what more messy and primitive, but we’re entering a new domain for the MN. Once we’re adjusted to the new organisation, it will be only that much easier to add sub-topics to our already expended MN topic. We can expend, retract, clean up and moderate like never before.

I only have two complaints for now:

1) Mateus when are you getting Photoshop? (We have agreed that he will be our official MN number updater and I will create a locked sticky thread just for the numbers).

2) I don’t know about the rest of you, but given the standings and the upcoming schedule, I would more than appreciate a Philadelphia Flyers scout. Now I know there is a lot of you out there who like to read, but not participate in the MN thread. And I’m sure some of you have wondered how to join in on the fun. Here is your chance! Talk to brianw6 and you can join the MN team as a Philly Scout.

No comments: