MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Thursday, February 7, 2008

WHAT’S UP DOC?

Even though the Leafs are keeping their line-up fairly intact from their whooping on Tuesday and that Price who has a perfect record against the Leafs so far is starting in nets, I still can’t help but feel worried. I’m not sure if I’m worried about the line shuffling of Carbonneau and how the lack of confidence may now spread to two lines instead of being quarantined in one. Maybe I’m worried about the Leafs wanting to make up for the dismal effort on Tuesday and how tough and competitive they will be tonight. Perhaps I’m worried that given the standings, our :rivals: will want to hurt us with injuries to our top line (wouldn’t be the first time TO uses cheap tactics). What ever the case, I can’t help but have an uneasy feeling about tonight’s game. I’ll feel much better once we have a 10 goal lead, or I hear the final whistle blow with a W next to our HABS.

This morning however, I was blessed with a tranquil moment, who’s memories will go a long way in keeping me sane and calm through out the day in anticipation of the puck drop. I though I would share it with you all, because I’m sure I’m not the only one who is jittery about this one.

Picture this…I tumble down the stairs as the buzzer goes of on my alarm clock. I desperately keep chugging towards the coffee pot (which has been conveniently located in the furthest part of the kitchen), only to find to my horror that there is no coffee ready. I figure there is a glitch with my automatic timer, and in a half conscious phase I attempt to fix it. I poke she who must be obeyed and tell her to be on time tomorrow morning.

Following a throbbing bruise to my shin, I proceed towards my contingency coffee crisis plan and decide to make some of the instant “abra cadabra” stuff. I nuke my self a glass of water, reach for the instant coffee and learn a valuable life lesson. Anytime you pick up a jar, NEVER grab it from the cover…just in case. I quickly find out that some dingis did not put the top on all the way. As a result, now I’m picking coffee crystals off the kitchen floor. Keep in mind I still have not had a cup of coffee, so I’m focused and sluggish like a baby who’s just learned how to use his opposable thumbs. Furthermore, I’m clutching my toe that just got crushed by a dropped jar, and I’m trying to figure out who the culprit is that left the jar open. Once I recall that I’m the only coffee drinker in the house, I quickly abandon my witch hunt.

The story has a happy ending….I finally get my cup of coffee. Mind you there is a myriad of foreign objects floating in it, resulting from “mystery crumbs” getting mixed up in to pile of black stuff off the floor, but it still feels like being reborn. I step towards our patio door to appreciate the view outside, and notice a little rabbit. There he is trying to hop through the snow like a fat man in a potato sack race, and it quickly finds my patio as a haven from the white devilish powder. It sniffs around, and discovers the garbage bag I had left outside the night before. My first instinct of course is to shoo it away before it tares into the bag and makes a huge mess, but I decide to let him go about his business as I enjoy the rest of my coffee.

The rabbit (let’s call it Terry for arguments sake) trots towards the bag, slips on small patch of ice as a face plant startles him. I’m already feeling much better at this point. Terry gets to the bag and start nibbling on its side to get to the good stuff inside. He finally gets the bag open, and he’s reached the rabbit holy grail. Finally some food after months of the no carb, all snow diet! He digs in, finds a bunch of wrappers, and tears into those. Once he gets through the first one and finds HLD junior's “droppings” inside, he drops everything and runs off like the wind.

Moral of the story: If you have wild animals going through your garbage, leave a bag of dirty diapers out one night. They’ll never come back. And if you’re wondering about the mess I have to clean up on my patio now…don’t. It’s snowing today. I’ll deal with the mess in spring time.

No comments: