MN Scoreboard

MN Scoreboard

NL Standings

NL Standings

Monday, February 18, 2008

WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish)

WOW! :blink: who says home and home series are not exciting. Physical plays, reffing mishaps, superb goaltending, superb plays and to top it all humiliation for Briere…yet again….twice :D

If there is one thing the weekend series have taught us, it’s that coach Carbonneau’s philosophy of “team toughness” and opting to pass on an enforcer in the line-up works. Not only does it work, but the global physical play of our team often surprises the opposition who expects to come in to the rink and just cream us. Perhaps it’s just me and my ultimate bias, but I thought we won the physical battle, and we “stuck-it to the” on several occasions.

I’m referring to of course the end of the first period when Georges was being courted by a big ape wearing black, only to realise the game was going on and that a goals was being scored. I bet he felt as happy and light headed as a spring butterfly when he had to enter that locker room.

We’re tied for first and before I get into why we shouldn’t be celebrating just yet we should just enjoy and savour the moment for the day. It’s the second time the HABS have challenged the Sens for first, and the first time the Sens have been tied this season. Tomorrow I’ll give my pointless insight into what should and can be expected as a reaction from the Sens and our HABS.

For now however, WE’RE NUMBER 1 (ish), TORONTO VERY LAST (ha!)

No comments: